Surge Protection Devices (SPD)
A Surge Protective Device (SPD) is a device composed of at least one non-linear component that is intended for limiting surge voltages on electrical equipment by diverting or limiting surge current and is capable of repeating these functions as specified. SPDs were previously known as Transient Voltage Surge Suppressors or Secondary Surge Arresters. UL 1449 Listed SPDs are now designated as either Type 1, Type 2 or Type 3 and are intended for use on AC power systems rated less than 1000vrms.
GE manufactures surge protection with outstanding clamping characteristics for medium and low exposure locations through the use of industrial grade MOV architecture.
- UL 1449 3rd Edition
- Third-party tested per IEEE C62.62 and NEMA LS-1 for the rated 8×20μs surge current, per mode with
- fusing included.
- Fast rise-times, high frequency transients and electrical line noise are reduced with EMI / RFI filtering technology
- 10 modes of protection (L-N, L-G, N-G, L-L)
- Green phase protection status LEDs
- NO/NC Form C Dry Contacts for remote monitoring
- Patented thermal fuse technology
- Standard heavy gauge painted steel NEMA 12
- construction, available in surface or flushmount
- Durable fiberglass construction for NEMA 4X
- 5 year limited warranty (standard), 10 year limited warranty (optional)